Sunday 7 January 2007

Let the fun begin!

Here we go!

Tomorrow is the official start to my training for the 2007 Blenheim Triathlon. It's June 2-3 and Blenheim Palace is where Winston Churchill was born and the whole thing takes place on the grounds. COOL! The website for it if you want to have a look is http://www.thelondontriathlon.com/BThome.html I'll be doing the sprint distance. I'm so VERY excited about it while at the same time scared silly. lol I did a few random workouts during November and December but now the training will be in full swing. I'm doing this for several reasons. The huge, main one is because my state of fitness has just gotten totally out of hand and I need a goal to work toward. And by using this blog I am setting up huge accountability to all of you guys. I can't do this without your support and encouragement...truly! I'm also going to be fundraising for a Christian charity called Send a Cow where they send livestock and other agricultural supplies to needy African farmers, mainly widows, orphans, and disabled people so that they can try to support themselves. You can check it out at www.sendacow.org.uk YEA! You guys will be getting the link to my just giving page later if you want to donate online to support the work they're doing but do NOT feel obligated in any way to do that, seriously. And if you'd like to and for whatever reason didn't get the link it's www.justgiving.com/adawn412 It's only if you really want to. So get ready for some real craziness...it has to be pretty nuts if Angela is going to participate in a triathlon after all! hee hee

13 comments:

Mark said...

Who is the cute guy in the before picture? Sarah sends her support as she eats her Turkey O'Toole.

adawn412 said...

lol he is a pretty cute guy...I can't figure out how to make the picture bigger though...I may need some expert blogger tips from you kids!

ssmom said...

You have my complete support :). Why did you crop the cute guy out of your picture?

adawn412 said...

lol...I was TRYING to make the picture bigger/more zoomed but um...obviously to no avail ;)

Sarah said...

My Turkey O'Toole was great. And I just bought a treadmill on ebay for my own training. I will be eager to hear about yours!!

adawn412 said...

regardless of training, whoo hoo for pretzel bread...hee hee

Anonymous said...

testing - trying to make this work

Anonymous said...

Hi
This is Aunt Jo trying one more time. Last time I typed anonymous. Maybe that was the problem too. Maybe if they would put abnormal, I could check that-- then I could get it to work!!ha Oh, now I know who the cute guy in the house is!!Thanks!! Love You!!

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your blog. How are things going? What is your schedule? Where are you going to be swimming? Have you gotten a bike fitted for you? Questions, questions...I am excited that you are taking on this challenge. It will be fun!

adawn412 said...

I actually bought a bike from gumtree in the fall but am looking to buy another one as the one I have doesn't really fit me well in the end. But it was cheap so it's OK. I may be going to look at one tomorrow evening that is only 30quid and it supposed to be the right frame size. I also signed back on to Beginner Triathlete and have an offically mentor who is helping me put together a plan from several that are on the site. And I'll be swimming at the leisure center just up the road...right now I'm just taking one day at a time or my brain gets a little overwhelmed with it all...lol :)

Pof5 said...

Hey! I made it work! Yeehaw! I'm still waiting for another update! Ahem! Guess what? Jack is planning on being in a kid's triathalon in June!! He's like Forest Gump when it comes to running, so we're really encouraging it. We have a few run/walk 5K's lined up down the road! You can inspire each other! His triath will be swim 100 yds, run 1 mile, and bike 3.2. That's quite a lot for an 8 year old, but we'll be ready! :-)
Good luck and keep posting!

Sarah said...

Hey Ang - give us an update! :D

adawn412 said...

That is AWESOME Cis...where is Jack's tri? That sounds incredible! I can't wait to hear more -- yep we will definitely be each other's inspiration! FUN!