Monday 15 January 2007

Whew! One Week Down!

OK...so one week finished! I need to take a new picture...not that you can really tell anything different...lol...but still when it's all said and done I want to have one for every week :) But it went well. I did my three workouts that I was supposed to do as per my training plan and then I also did one extra run/walk. I'm a little sore but not debilitatingly so which is delightful. This week I have three similar workouts planned and hope to get the other extra in because next week the plan bumps up to four official workouts a week. I'll post a sample one from this week so you can see! And I most certainly ate significantly better than I have been...maybe ever! I drank quite a bit of water last week, maybe 1-2L every day but still need to drink more (I would like to drink 4L a day) and ate lots of fruit and a fair amount of veggies even! SHOCK! lol And then, this weekend Colin cooked two very excellently nutritious and yummy meals and then my pastorate leaders cooked for a small group of us yesterday for lunch. So I've had tuna steaks, roast chicken and salad, and carrots, and asparagus, and red/yellow peppers, leeks, roasted potatoes just to name a bit of it...so yeah...quite impressive weekend fare! hee hee And tonight I am headed to the gym to begin week 2! Maybe I'll post a pic of that for this week so you can see where it's all happening. ;) YEA! Thank you guys SOOO much for encouraging and supporting me...you're THE BEST!

This is one of my workouts for this week:

Lift: Shoulders, Back, Abdominals. 2 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions for 2 exercises each body part.
Bike: Ride 50 to 60 minutes. This is an endurance ride. Try to put the resistance higher for a minute here and there (no more than 4 times) and come out of the saddle. Working on leg power and relaxed upper body. No bouncing or rocking. 5 minute cool down.
Stretch: 15 to 20 minutes of FULL BODY stretching.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! You are doing great so far! Go Ang!

Anonymous said...

Good job. I am very impressed with all of your exercise and food choices! Don't forget to post those pics.

Anonymous said...

My goooodness, hon!!! You are doing great!!!! And even eating veggies!!! Remember when I tried to send you 50 cents for each time you would even try to eat a veggie!ha Mannny, mannny years ago!! Soooo verrrry proud of you!! And all the exercising!!! Wow!! Hope you don't try to overdo yourself! So sweet of Colin to cook the right meals for you too!! Is he spoiling you or what?!!! Love, Aunt Jo

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Keep up the great work!!! I can't wait to see you in April!! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

That's absolutely wonderful to hear that you're doing so well. You sound so motivated, of course I believe I could be too in such a beautiful atmosphere. I must admit I am very proud. I can't wait to see you. Love you,
Stormy